Monday, August 31, 2020

Senior Moments

January 2006

 I sometimes joke about having senior moments, but today, I had a real one.

I walked in town yesterday morning, and before I came home, I went into Arby's to get a soda. The lady at the cash register said it would be 53¢ and I thought, "Wow, that's pretty cheap."

So this morning after I walked, I stopped at Arby's again to get a drink. I took a dollar bill with me and left my purse in the car. I told the girl at the register that I wanted a medium soda. I was surprised when she said that it would be $1.58.

"I didn't bring in that much money," I said. "How much would a small drink be?"

"$1.26," she told me.

I started to go after more money but she stopped me. "No, wait! I'll give you a senior drink, and it will be just 53¢!"

Ugh. Yesterday, I was pleased about my cheap drink, and today, I found out that I'm a senior citizen. 

It reminds me of the first time I ever had a clerk refer to me as a lady -- as in, "This lady needs help with ..." That was a shocking experience, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment